Lady Margaret Hall
Lady Margaret Hall was founded in 1878, the first of the Colleges for women in Oxford, and named after Lady Margaret Beaufort, mother of Henry VII, and a great patron of scholarship and learning. The foundation of the College sprang from a dual passion for scholarship and equality. LMH renewed this commitment to equality in 1978 when it became co-educational.
Approximately 600 students now attend the College which seeks to benefit society through excellence in education and research.